My Achy Breaky Hip!
I thought that after a day off I could train again today.
However my hip was killing me after 1.5 miles. Not sure what to do.
I need to train, but I don't want to agitate my injury and jeopardize future training.
Any ideas? What is the best way to recover quickly?
I am telling you, buy a foam roller and roll the crap out of your hip and legs. If you are not careful hip pain will lead to knee pain. You can buy a foam roller at any local running store or online. I would go to the store like NOW and buy one, then go online and look for ways to roll out your hip. I have to be honest, it is kind of painful while you are doing it, but a good pain if that makes sense. And, do the ice bath thing I mentioned.Hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteDavenport is right. Work that pain out. I also think you should stop training. Stop running for a while. Try other aerobic activities that doesn't aggravate your injury and keeps your endurance up while you heal.
ReplyDelete